Buying a new car insurance policy is not easy. You have to consider how much coverage you want and what kind of protection you need. If you’re wondering what kind of people get the lowest insurance rates and why here’s an interesting list of people. Find out whether you fit into any one of these categories and how can you be that person who enjoys more coverage at the best rates!
1. Mr. Mature: Thousands of women and men world over are busy getting face-lifts and all kinds of implants to make themselves look younger but growing old has its benefits when it comes to car insurance. Statistics show that individuals under the age of 25 take more risks while driving and so their insurance rates are higher. But older drivers are more careful and mature, so their car insurance rates drop.
2. Mr. Turtle: People who consistently drive slowly will get themselves into fewer accidents because they take time to make safer driving decisions. It might just be time to refuse to race your college buddy down an empty street. You will get fewer speeding tickets and keep a clean driving record. All these factors are taken into account when an insurance company decides your insurance rate.
3. Mr. Fix it Yourself: For those times you do get into an accident, as much as possible, try to foot the bill or fix it yourself. The fewer insurance claims you make, the lower your rates will be because the insurance company’s records will not show a higher accident rate for you. It goes without saying, don’t shy from using your car insurance when you do need it-that’s why you’re paying for it.
4. Mr. Stone Cold Sober: The one sure way to get a terrible record and be labeled a risky driver is by getting a couple of DUIs. This doesn’t mean not drinking at all but make sure you don’t drive to a pub when you plan on drinking and don’t have a sober friend to drive you back home. Three out of ten Americans get into at least one alcohol-related accident in their lifetime. That means that using alcohol responsibly can not only give you the best car insurance rates but also save your life.
5. Mr. Good Credit: The way you use your money reflects whether you are a risk-taker. Shopping sprees that last for days running on credit will not help your reputation but paying your credit card bills on time will give you good credit. This is a habit that the best of us slip up with but one that benefits in so many ways because good credit is one of life’s greatest blessings.
6. Suburban Dweller: Living in a safer neighborhood has some hidden advantages. The location of your house tells your car insurance company whether your vehicle is more prone to be stolen or vandalized or whether it is likely to be safer. You will get cheap car insurance quotes if you live in the suburbs rather than the inner city or neighborhoods where the crime rate is higher than other areas.
7. Mr. Mix and Match: If you’re planning on buying a house and need to buy insurance, try combining your car insurance with it. Grouping your various insurances together will give you better rates for all of them.
8. Master Bookworm: If your child is a senior in high school or a college freshman, getting good grades will make a huge difference in your car insurance rates. Most car insurance companies will give a discount if your GPA is above 3.0. So being a book-worm doesn’t just pay off after college, it’s also great to reduce the money you shell out for car insurance while still in college.
9. Mr. Cautious: Installing car alarms and air bags in your vehicle can make the world of a difference in your insurance rates. They make your car less likely to be stolen or severely damaged in an accident. That’s why insurance companies will often give discounts just because you make driving safer for yourself.
10. The Misses: Statistics show that there are more men drivers than women drivers which mean that most accidents would involve men. Even though the number of women drivers is steadily increasing, the number of women is still lower and they therefore get lower insurance rates.
These 10 factors make a huge difference when you’re comparing car insurance quotes online. Find out which companies give greater discounts in these categories before choosing your insurance. Furthermore, there are things that you can’t change about yourself like your age or gender but remember that you can maintain a clean driving record and a good credit score anytime.